Surgery-Vascular opening in Charleston, West Virginia.
The Charleston Area Medical Center Institute for Academic Medicine is seeking a fellowship trained Vascular Surgeon for a full-time academic position located in the capital city of Charleston, WV. Job duties include provide clinical care and teach medical students and residents in the area of vascular surgery; scholarly activities are highly encouraged. Faculty position academic rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Requirements by the time of appointment are:
- MD, DO degree or foreign equivalent degree from an accredited program
- Board Certified in Vascular Surgery
- Possess aptitude and passion for educating residents and medical students
- Willingness to participate in appropriate academic, clinical research or other scholarly activity as may be required of clinical faculty
- Excellent benefits package
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Vibrant community
- Superb family environment
- Unsurpassed recreational activities
- Outstanding school systems
CAMC is 958-bed academic medical center and is one of the state's top health care providers, with four hospitals and over 700 physicians on staff as well as a workforce of over 8,000 employees. We serve a primary and secondary service area of 12 counties with a population of over 560,000 (approximately 30% of the total population of the state).
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, DC. In addition, Charleston offers a downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants, breweries, and distilleries. Come see what our family-oriented community can offer you in terms of quality of life!