Registered Nurse II - Surgery
Location: Lubbock, TX
Work Schedule: On Call/Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
- Must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of Texas.
- Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of Texas or approved compact State as a Registered Nurse
- Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of New Mexico or approved compact State as a Registered Nurse
- BLS (AHA) certification within 30 days.
- ACLS within 1 year (exception: 607000 - NICU and 638000 - Mom Baby do not require ACLS; see Dept Spec section).
- Please see Dept Spec section for additional L&C requirements.
- Specialty certification required for promotion to RN IV.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; must achieve within 5 years of employment as a Registered Nurse; required for promotion to RN IV.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of â€ Know me, care for me, ease my way.â€ Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, weâ€ ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: SR361689
Company: Covenant Jobs
Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing
Career Track: Nursing
Department: 8006 SURGERY GENERAL CENTRAL 2
Address: TX Lubbock 4015 22nd Pl
Covenant Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.