The Automation Engineer is responsible for technical support for providing technical support for manufacturing environment on automated production lines. This role will work to resolve mechanical, electrical, PLC, robotics(Epson, FANUC), and vision(Cognex, Keyence) issues challenging the assembly and hydraulic functional testing on the manufacturing shop floor. The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. A successful Automation Engineer is self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently.
Job duties include:
• Maximize Operations Production and Efficiency.
• Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency.
• Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfill business needs.
• Works with manufacturing supervisors, production employees, and automation technicians to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions to eliminate the return of those problems
• Implement best manufacturing practices for existing processes, system maintenance, and provide on-site manufacturing engineering support.
• Project Management: scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, "selling" of new and innovative concepts.
Automation, Plc programming, allen bradley, siemens, robotics, Automation testing, Electrical
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering required. • Experience in automation or fast pace manufacturing environment. • Programming experience is required. (LabVIEW, Allen Bradley, Siemens required) • Ability to read
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.