About the role:
The DMPK department at Takeda, San Diego, CA is seeking a highly motivated Sr Scientist to join the Biotransformation group. The primary responsibilities will be profiling and characterization of metabolites (small molecules, protein degrader, and/or siRNA)/catabolites (peptides) from complex biological matrices. A strong background in delineating biotransformation pathways and structural elucidation by LC-MS is required. A successful candidate must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment. Experience with in vivo preclinical ADME studies and understanding of clearance route, mechanism and the role of metabolism/catabolism is essential.
The position level will depend on the level of experience in the relevant areas.
Join Takeda as a Biotransformation Sr Scientist, based in San Diego, CA.
How you will contribute:
- Identification and structural elucidation of metabolites/catabolites of small molecules including protein degrader, siRNA, and peptide drug candidates using LC-MS/MS and other structure elucidation tools.
- Hands on experience in operation, maintenance & troubleshooting of LC-MS and other instruments.
- Conduct in vitro drug metabolism studies of small molecules including protein degrader, siRNA, and peptides.
- Conduct metabolite profiling experiments from in vitro and in vivo studies
- Work independently, design experiments and report data in written reports and team presentations as required.
- Maintain accurate records of the study data.
- Applicants should possess a PhD, MS, or BS in Organic/Analytical/Natural Products/Protein Chemistry with 3+ (PhD), 9+ years (MS) or 11+ years (BS) of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC and LC-MS are required. Familiarity with AB Sciex Q-TOF and/or Thermo Hybrid Orbitrap high resolution mass spectrometry instruments and metabolite identification is preferred.
- Good understanding of organic chemistry, structural elucidation and xenobiotic metabolism required
- Experience in analysis of protein degrader, peptides, and siRNA by MS is a plus.
- Experience in metabolite/catabolite identification in in vitro systems (hepatocytes, microsome, etc.) and/or in vivo matrices (urine, feces, bile and plasma) is required.
- The candidate must be able to analyze data and note significant deviations and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentation.
- The individual is also expected to be highly organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication skills.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals are required.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
San Diego, CA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type