Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're an industry changer - we created the first and only fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and resources of a proven organization.
In this newly created position, the Engineering Services Director will organize all of the Engineering applications and processes to take Symbotic to the next level. This includes PLM, CAD tools, and process standardization and enforcement along with overall responsibility for engineering change management. You'll bring your vision and experience to drive our systems the best way, interacting with our strategic manufacturing partners and internal stakeholders. In this role you will:
What You'll Need:
- Oversee and drive revision and development of all engineering standards including, but not limited to, documentation standards, CAD processes, PLM, and Change Management.
- Oversee external technical publications team for instructions, training materials, and other customer facing documentation needs.
- Oversee CAD support team for Solidworks, AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical, Ansys, and RevIT .
- Lead execution of new PLM system in conjunction with ERP development team.
- Experience in PLM system management and process development
- SAP or Oracle strongly preferred
- Establishment of a new PLM or transferring PLM system experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in one or more of the primary CAD/CAE tools ( Solidworks, AutoCAD, RevIT, Ansys)
- Strong ECN and document control expertise
- At least 5 years in a people management capacity, overseeing first line managers strongly preferred.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit www.symbotic.com .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.