- Engineering Project Manager in Mobility with Future Growth Opportunity
- Highly Visible role reporting to the Chief Engineer
About Our Client
Our client for the Engineering Project Manager opportunity is a global OEM for transportation and heavy-duty vehicles and a Fortune 1000 company. This organization has a highly reputable globally recognized brand and continues to grow and innovate their products.
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for engineering project management for mobility and vehicle platform engineering projects executing product development and project timelines. The Project Engineering Lead will report to the Chief Engineer and be a part of 20-person engineering team. This person will be leading a team of 6-12 engineers depending on the project. These vehicles are highly sophisticated showcasing advanced technology, and this person will drive projects from conception to launch.
- Executes product development/product plan and ensures understanding among team members responsible for their completion.
- Lead the global, cross-functional engineering project team to execute project work packages and achieve on time delivery of program engineering development milestones according to internal/external processes and requirements.
- Plan and manage the engineering project schedule including all major engineering activities.
- Collaborates with project and design engineers to ensure the timely completion of specific project milestones meeting required budget, product cost, quality and machine performance requirements as documented in the product definition.
- Leads designs with responsibility for durability, reliability and functional performance of the new product update or program. Oversees development of validation plans in collaboration with Design Analysis and Product Validation teams.
- Ensures design is meeting all international Homologation and Safety requirements.
- Defines course of action regarding assigned project plan and schedule consistent with project and product line objectives. Collaborates with marketing, product management, manufacturing, purchasing and supplier to ensure project plans execution.
- Acquires and manages outsourced engineering resources. Works with the Chief Engineer and other managers to reallocate internal resources as required.
- Prepares data and documentation for project and milestone status for review with the chief engineer, platform manager, director, and executive management team.
- Creates budgets, forecasts and capital equipment requirements with economic justifications linked to design and development activities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in design, product development
- Prior experience in Project Management, Project Engineering highly preferred
- Prior experience in automotive, heavy duty, commercial vehicles or related mobility/transportation
- Strong problem-solving skills and proficiency in design analysis
- Prior experience working in a large global organization highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
What's on Offer
Base salary $120,000 - $165,000, bonus 15%, full benefits, 401K match (if employee contributes 10%, the company will contribute 12%), vacation, holidays, etc. Opportunity for career growth and development within this group/team and division as well as other growth and leadership opportunities across the other divisions either domestically or globally.