Current openings for Engineering Technologist to support Distribution Projects across NC.
This work consists of retrofitting transformers, replacing deteriorating cable, moving overheard lines to underground, reconductoring of existing distribution lines, and replacing aging poles.
Will complete site visits inclusive of field notes, visual inspection, equipment inventory, measurements and field conditions utilizing electronic tools such as an iPad and also writing down notes. While in the field, they will evaluate loading of various equipment components being installed such as transformation, poles or fusing to ensure a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design utilizing client specifications.
They will then take these field notes back to the office and design them in BOUD. They will use Maximo for creating a bill of materials.
Prepares project and job packages using Expert Designer and WMIS including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs. Designs will be in 2D.
Be able to handle 6-10 different projects in various stages
Autocad, Power distribution, Drafting, Utility design, Distribution design, Electrical design, Microstation, BOUD, maximo, Design, Power & utilities
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Graduation from a two year or four-year college or university with a B.S.
• Experience or basic knowledge in the concepts in the electric utility industry, including primary and secondary distribution systems, utility standards, ability to use design software packages, and general construction knowledge and aptitude.
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing/presenting recommendations.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate frequently with customers.
• MUST have strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation/initiative, and the desire to learn.
Entry - Expert Level
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.