This is a technology opportunity with far-reaching impact. It's the chance to use your specialist skills to help deliver a growing suite of advanced tech products and services, and respond quickly and effectively to a wide range of daily incidents. Most of all, it's a unique brief: operating at the centre of UK democracy helping to defend the security of Parliament.
Join our Identity Management team in this senior role and you'll act as technical lead on a number of vital projects, with a wide range of responsibilities. These include:
- monitoring application and infrastructure systems by regularly scrutinising reports on applications software, systems software and service delivery
- providing a highly effective interface between users, service providers and external commercial suppliers
- ensuring all work is carried out and documented in accordance with our high standards, methods and procedures
- reporting on service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability
- conducting investigations into operational problems, and proposing improvements
- supporting and mentoring junior members of the team and helping with their development
- identifying areas where security could be improved and enhanced
- building excellent relationships with other team members, colleagues and stakeholders.
What You Need
If you're committed to finding and championing new technologies, ready to work collaboratively with a wide range of people with different levels of knowledge, and have proven experience of upholding our values of equality, diversity and inclusion, we want to hear from you. You'll also need:
- technical understanding and experience of implementing and maintaining server operating systems and enterprise technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, PKI, MIM, Azure Active Directory, Single Sign On, and AAD Connect
- experience and knowledge of supporting a large enterprise network, applications and server technologies
- proven experience of working within a service-led organisation, including managing incidents, requests, changes and problems through a service desk system
- a proactive approach to developing and learning IT skills and systems
- experience in developing and working towards a more secure and resilient environment
- the ability to pass security clearance, backed by the right to work in the UK
About The Team
Our Identity Management team is a small, highly engaged team within the Platforms directorate, dedicated to supporting and developing identity solutions. We're involved in projects across the Parliamentary Digital Service that affect the technological growth of Parliament, and are currently working on some extremely exciting projects such as 'Transforming Digital'. This programme will fundamentally change the way Parliament works with digital and enable it to meet the increasing needs of Members, Members' staff and House staff for better services, and keep pace with developments and advances in technology.
UK Parliament is steeped in history and tradition. It is an important part of UK life and we need to ensure as many people as possible can engage with its work. This is why we are at the start of a huge transformation programme powered by technology. The Parliamentary Digital Service (PDS) works with the House of Commons and the House of Lords with all their IT and digital needs. We are here to realise the digital ambitions of a modern Parliament and welcome you to join us in building a digital democracy.
Please refer to our Candidate Information Pack for a full list of our benefits which include:
- up to 35 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- generous maternity pay policy up to 6 months full pay
- great pension scheme options (contributory and non-contributory)
- on-site subsidised gym, nursery, catering, post office, travel office and GP
- flexible options including hybrid working and family friendly policies
How To Apply
Please make sure you're clear on the requirements of the role. These can be found in the Job Description and Candidate Information Pack. You will need to upload a CV and show how you meet up to the first five criterion. In addition to a CV, please complete a supporting statement to demonstrate how you meet the first three criterion listed on the job description. Our application process is anonymous, so please remove any personal information from your CV.
Apply By: 9th October 2022 at 23:55
Interviews: Wednesday 19th October 2022
Format: Panel Interview (Remote)
For our people, we provide an amazing opportunity to bring their talents to an institution that sits right at the heart of society in the UK. We are helping to change UK Parliament and strengthen democracy. What matters here is your potential for growth and your commitment to playing your part in our ongoing success.
We are passionate about providing an environment which promotes inclusion, diversity and equality. Regardless of your age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs or any of the other things that make you, you. We welcome applications from people who feel under-represented in the workforce. This includes those who may feel disadvantaged because of their socioeconomic circumstances.