It's Just Better Here. We're hiring for a Hospice Journey Counselor to join our dynamic team. In partnership with Allegheny Health Network, AHN is an accredited recognized leader in home health and hospice. We have immediate openings, call .
Journey Counselor Responsibilities:
- Manage Journey patient census and referrals for the assigned area from Journey candidate list, Journey Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, Clinicians, and other sources
- Review all assigned patient charts to determine eligibility and appropriateness for the Hospice benefit and prepare for conversations with the patient, family, and/or caregivers
- Make initial phone calls to all new Journey referrals to schedule home visits as well as follow-up calls to maintain contact with the patient and assess patient decline
- Conduct patient visits for the purpose of building relationship with the patient and/or family and in-depth discussion of the hospice benefit when appropriate
- Maintain Journey patient charts, documenting all Journey visits and contact in Journey Visit/Phone call notes or as Coordination notes when applicable
- Build relationships with and maintain effective communication with Clinicians to ensure effective collaboration for addressing patient needs
- Assist clinicians in a more accurate understanding of the philosophy, goals, eligibility, and benefits of Hospice care
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelors Preferred
- Prior home healthcare or relative work experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Understanding of the hospice philosophy preferred
Join AHN and enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay: With opportunity for advancement
- Health and Welfare Benefits : Various medical, dental, and vision insurance options for you and your family to choose from.
- Supplemental Benefits: Company paid life insurance and disability benefits. Also, pre-tax FSA and HSA plans are offered.
- Generous PTO Packages : 15 days PTO that grows with your tenure, 6 paid holidays, 1 personal day.
- Retirement : Save for your future with our company offered 401k plan with matching contributions.
- Company-Paid Education Programs : Grow your career by taking advantage of 50% discounts on tuition for selected courses offered by Purdue and Kaplan.
Certain benefits may vary based on your employment status
NOTICE: Successful completion of a drug screen prior to employment is part of our background process, which includes medical and recreational marijuana.
By supplying your phone number, you agree to receive communication via phone or text.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.