Medical Assistant - Cardiology (Flex/Days)Location:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Per DiemWork Type:
JM-GMC Cardiology TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Supports patients and providers within the outpatient setting by performing basic direct patient care activities.
- Provides basic patient care duties such as taking vital signs, weights, assisting patient with ambulation, dressing and undressing for examination, as directed by the provider and clinical supervisor.
- Assists provider in setting up for minor procedures, gathering supplies and equipment, applying aseptic dressings, opening supplies, etc.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient information using the rooming tool within the electronic medical record.
- Completes medication review.
- Accompanies providers and care team members during patient examinations and assists as directed.
- Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
- Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient understanding and adherence to treatment, and plan of care.
- Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies with accuracy and efficiency.
- Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team member and follows through as directed.
- Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards immediately to supervisor.
- Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated by supervisor.
- Completes Midas reports as per policy.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Inventories and orders supplies based on appropriate or established inventory levels.
- Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from inventory.
- Assists in maintaining clean and organized work environment.
- Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
- Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms.
- Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy and procedure.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- This is a Flex role
- Staggered shifts between: 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm (8 hours)
- No weekend, Holidays or on call.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.