Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare Cancer Care, part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella, has an exciting practice opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team in one of our Las Vegas, Nevada clinics. This outpatient practice involves managing patients with cancer that require radiation treatments to control their disease and/or improve symptoms. This is an employed practice position. Primary Responsibilities:
- Patient follow up, consults, treatment visits, etc., allowing additional bandwidth for physicians to see new patients
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients with cancer, and coordinate care with patients
- Document treatment plans in the medical record, and collaborative guidance from physician as needed
- Provide care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the treatment of patients with cancer
- See patients primarily in outpatient setting with no inpatient or ICU responsibilities.
OptumCare Nevada is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 400 providers, 40+ medical health centers including high acuity urgent care clinics, convenient care centers, lifestyle centers catering to older adults, outpatient surgery centers, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. OptumCare Nevada offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. OptumCare Nevada is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value. Required Qualifications:
- NP certification through ANCC or AANP or PA certification or ability to obtain
- Active unrestricted state license in NV, or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or Internet search for clinical practice
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Careers with Optum.
- Clinical experience in an oncology practice setting
- Knowledge of different cancer types, prognoses and treatments
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-10 coding
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) Nevada Residents Only:
: The salary range for Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.