The Principal Enterprise Architect is an experienced professional providing technology architecture expertise and guidance across multiple business divisions, organizations & technology domains. This role will incorporate a strong consultant-oriented approach working across business and technology teams to summarize the current environment and establish a target vision aligned with business and IT strategy. Through engagement with business partners and a deep understanding of technology capabilities, industry trends and business areas you're responsible for, you will lead efforts to align strategic investment planning & major programs for one or more business areas.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Translate business strategy into technical architecture, and there from tie to strategic investment portfolio
Define/maintain Target Architectures in Roadmaps.
- Influencing the technology strategy & technology investments that will realize the business strategy.
- Influence vendors & partners.
- Lead and/or assist efforts to scope and architect major change programs, leading strategic options analysis & proposing end-to-end solutions & highlighting trade-offs.
Review ongoing designs of major programs to identify strategic opportunities and resolve design issues during delivery.
- Provide technical guidance on various projects throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with other team members on agile development teams
- Provide feedback to other team members on architecture, software design, and best practices
- Ensure projects align with strategic capabilities, target architectures & technology standards. Identify key technology enablers to optimize IT investment.
- 10+ years relevant technology architecture experience - including evidence of leading efforts to shape strategic investment portfolios and to scope & architect major programs.
- Working knowledge of the Financial Services industry in either Consumer/Retail Banking (eg, digital transformation, consumer lending) & Commercial Banking (eg, capital markets, transaction banking).
- Experience creating & maintaining Architecture Roadmaps and Blueprints.
- Hands on experience creating prototypes/MVPs, working closely with the business and/or fintech partners.
- Demonstrated experience of leading virtual teams made up of business and technology resources.
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Strong communication and influencing skills with business & technology executives (Director of Technology, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Division Leads)
- Demonstrated depth in one or more of the following technology domains: Content/Document Management Platforms, Development tools, Robotic Process automation and workflow tools.
Demonstrated experience of identifying and leading forward process improvements. Experience working with the design, integration and/or support of internally developed and vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture.
- Competence in full stack, web and/or native mobile applications, and hybrid hosting environments (onprem, cloud)
- Exceptional technical communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical issues to a technical or non-technical audience
- Preferred AWS Cloud Architect certification
- Advanced knowledge of architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software and of security best practices for software development
- Back-end development (data access, services, MVC, APIs )
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague's or a dependent's reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.