OverviewThe Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
The Charles and Virginia Hickman Hospital will give our community its first-ever wellness destination. Our families and friends will have improved access to nutrition education, exercise resources and state-of-the-art care like they never have before. We offer over 200,000 square feet and has 58 acute cate beds in our new state-of-the-art regional hospital. Our campus also features an organic farm with access to nutrition, education and therapies. We will serve as a community hub that touches residents of all ages and promotes a higher quality of life. This is a new model of collaboration between ProMedica and the community. We are excited to set a new standard for health and wellness in Lenawee County.
Provides professional nursing care appropriate to the age of the patients being served. Participates in patient/family teaching and provides leadership by working collaboratively with physicians and ancillary health care personnel. Communicates patient information in a complete, accurate manner while maintaining confidentiality. Maintains and improves personal and professional learning and development through literature, seminars, workshops, and affiliations.
- Current State of Michigan license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BCLS.
- ACLS required within one year of hire for CCU staff.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a professional manner.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Demonstrates sound clinical skills and judgment.
- Ability to critique own daily practice for error and pursue corrective action.
- Ability to deal effectively with a changing environment and be open to new ideas.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates outcomes related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each patient.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety standards.
- Attends 80 % of unit staff meetings; reads minutes of staff meetings; actively participates in unit problem identification and resolution.
- Facilitates continuity of care through flexible scheduling and willingness to work additional shifts when needed.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting preferred.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category . In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact (see below)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace