New Pay Increase $17.40 per hour
Open interviews every Tuesday and Thursday from 11AM to 2PM at 3154 Hwy 71, Del Valle, TX 78617.
Join Our Team. Get a Sign-On Bonus.
New employees hired into full-time, eligible positions between April 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022, will receive an award up to $1,000.
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. We are currently seeking a Monitor I, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve
The Monitor I, Community Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
- Monitor resident population and reports any suspicious activities or violations of policy, procedures, or regulations by residents or other individuals.
- Conduct resident counts, searches, room inspections, and vehicle searches as required. Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Process residents for intake/discharge in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the completion and quality of work performed by residents, where applicable.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Work experience in the operations of a correctional facility is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.