Mgr, Product Marketing Title:
IoT Business Division Business Unit:
IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit Office:
US, Milpitas,CA (REA) Description:
We are a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world's leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you. We are a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. This organization is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. We are extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what's next in electronics. Seeking a Semiconductor Product Marketing Manager in its Wireless connectivity product line, which provides connectivity solutions to serve the wide industrial space, this position will be located in CA or Remote. Wireless connectivity is one of the fastest growing product lines with huge potential, to power the new winning combinations of the organization. To fulfill our fast growing product portfolio and product management needs, we are looking for a new Experienced Product Marketing Manager to join the team. The Manager's responsibilities include promoting existing and new products to the market; data analytics and pricing strategy for new and existing products; help preparing business plans on new product proposals; working closely with sales/FAE on customer-facing sales and support activities; working closely with partners within and outside the company for all types of collaboration; assist with marcom activities in tradeshows at distributor events. Travel up to 20% for domestic and international customer visits may be expected (after COVID). The successful candidate must be very detail oriented, self-motivated with minimal guidance, and have sense of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work well across various functional organizations such as Applications Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Engineering, and Sales/FAE. Duties And Responsibilities
Responsible for defining, executing, and institutionalizing the vision, global strategy, and overall product road map of the MCU and Connectivity Modules.
- Develop solutions and business cases applicable for MCU and wireless application market segments including one or more of: Healthcare/Fitness, Building/Factory Automation, Smart Energy, Appliances, Consumer, and Internet of Things as applied to these segments.
- Define state of the art wireless modules, wireless solutions, embedded software, Kits and Tools.
- Define and position a series of software releases within a broad new MCU family and wireless devices, responsible for success over entire life cycle of products.
- Work closely with internal teams and external third parties to define and implement a vastly differentiated MCU and wireless software and solution enablement
- Drive internal and external resources to ensure readiness of all aspects of product releases. Manage prioritization and trade-offs against engineering and schedule limitations, customer experience, cost, and time to market
- Formulate strategy and drive implementation of successful tools ecosystem, including strategic relationships with key partners.
- Define and implement effective tools marketing & promotion strategy, to lever our tools advantages as part of the design-in process
- Define and manage module certification requirements for various connectivity standards
- Manager partnership with Operators, partners and different certification bodies
- Define tools requirements for wireless devices and coordinate implementation with the tools development team.
Prior experience in the field of Wireless technologies (LTE/5G/BLE/WLAN/GPS/UWB), field applications engineering, wireless system engineering and Product marketing. Prior experience in IOT use cases and Software/Hardware requirements are preferred. Proven wireless Module development and productization experience preferred. Familiarity of different certification requirements such as FCC, GCF, PTCRB etc. Strongly self-driven, self-motivated and capable of taking full ownership of his/her activities, and to involve other functions in the company or management when needed to bring them to a successful outcome. Comfortable with multi-tasking; fast learner on new technology / new applications / new products; Comfortable in presenting to audiences of different experience Capable to communicate in a concise and effective way. Minimum Education and experience:
BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering; MBA, MS or PhD a plus Requires 7-10 years of professional experience as an application engineer, field applications engineer, Product/technical marketing engineer/manager in the wireless systems, semiconductors or IC industry.
About Actalent: Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.