Who We Are
Our work matters - robotics is transforming the world of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're an industry changer - we created the first and only fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving towards even bigger ideas - and we have the people, technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and resources of a proven organization. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need
- Work with the "NPI" new product introduction team to ensure a smooth transition from engineering to ramp for the scale within our supply base (insource and outsource)
- Become a Mechanical subject matter expert supporting die casting, machining, injection molding, extrusions, and tool design.
- Drive mechanical design to address Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly in support of high-volume fabrication and procurement
- Mediate critical quality specifications between Design Engineering and Supply Base
- Support Quality, Manufacturing, and Site Installation teams to review mechanical issues and drive to the root cause and corrective action
- Review 3D models and prints for completeness, correctness, and accuracy. You may be tasked with updating drawings to facilitate a rapid turnaround of issues found during early-stage development.
- Apply your Engineering Skills to develop and recommend fixtures, tools, and processes to enable the manufacturing of Symbotic product
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, raw materials, processes, and other physical sciences to drive solutions.
- Specifies mechanical components, standards, and mechanical best practices.
- Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in Robotics, Machinery Automation, Fabrication, and Quality.
- Expert understanding of Die Cast, Extrusions, Injection Molding, Thermo Forming, and/or Machining
- Demonstrated experience launching complex designs into volume production
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T and other drawing standards
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated skill using SolidWorks
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Jira, Arena, PDM, ERP Software
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Be available to travel within North America to meet customers, partners, installation, and commissioning teams on site
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit www.symbotic.com .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.