Job DescriptionPAY RANGE: $6.80-$8.80/hr + tips THE ROLE:
Your past experiences have led you to understand that there is an art + science to the how and what a hospitality professional is responsible for. Food and beverage culture are just a part of your identity, as you keep up on new restaurant openings or which restaurants were just named the locals' favorite. Food culture interests you and you love when as the curator of an experience, you nail it. It is in your nature to take care of others. You delight in the smiles you share and the positive experiences that you create. You are probably known to your friends and family as a planner and enjoy organizing people or just about anything. You feel comfortable when things get busy, and you must make smart, in-the-moment decisions, as it's just natural for you to do so. Above all, it is your mission to spread joy to all you encounter.
As a server, you will be responsible for creating memorable guest experiences, and not being only an order-taker. You will be responsible for the timely and friendly delivery of food and drinks. In depth menu knowledge is necessary to ensure safe service to guests with allergies and restrictions. Ongoing beverage tasting and trainings will allow you to expand your knowledge of beer, wine and spirits.
All of our service team members are expected to be reliable and responsible. You will arrive changed, polished and mentally ready to work on time. We put an emphasis on treating each other just like we treat our guests, sharing a smile, a helping hand, and a willingness to jump in to assist in any situation. You will also actively develop trusting and transparent relationships with your peers on the service team and other associates of the hotel. As a teammate you will work with a phenomenal group of peers who insist that you are collaborative, humble, experienced and open-minded - no egos are allowed
Hotel Versailles offers all Full time teammates a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). There are Full time and part-time server opportunities available. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Greets & welcomes guests, describes dishes, recommends beverage pairings, anticipate guests' needs and monitors overall guest satisfaction
- Maintains a clean work environment and set up the following team for success
- Servers must have a very thorough knowledge of all menu items
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems
- Collects payments from guests
- Writes guests' food orders on order slips, memorizes orders, or enters orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff
- Prepares checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes
- Takes food or beverages orders from guests
- Checks guests' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Serves food or beverages to guests and prepares or serves specialty dishes at tables
- Presents menus to guests and answers questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Informs guests of menu changes and daily specials and makes recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy
- Cleans tables or counters
- Prepares hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine
- Rolls silverware set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explains to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Prepares tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware
- Removes dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning
- Assists host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests
- Performs cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pour the wines for guests
- Performs food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee
- Escorts guests to their tables
- Garnishes and decorates dishes in preparation for serving
- Fills salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers
- Describes and recommend wines to guests
- Provides guests with information about local areas, including giving directions
- Fills in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Excellent conversationalist with a pleasant and professional personality
- Strong decision-making, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer and clerical skills.
Midmark is the only clinical environment design and manufacturing company that enables a better care experience at the point of care in medical, dental and animal health. By harmonizing space, technologies and workflows, we enhance interactions between patients and caregivers resulting in more efficient care and better outcomes. By living our corporate values, our 2,000 teammates worldwide make this possible.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled