- This client manufactures and develops tractors and construction equipment for the agriculture and construction/mining industries.
- This team is responsible for the electronic displays and guidance systems for the tractor. This system controls many elements of the tractor including the implements connected to the back of the tractor and also controls many portions of the auto guidance autonomous functions
- They have had an increase in work on this platform and do not have enough people on the team to come through on the timelines over the next few years.
- There is still a large amount of development needed on the java/android portion of the application so most of their time will be spent in Java/Android.
- The specific project that this team will be working on is continued product development of existing java/android display while others on the team will be setting up the foundation for the next gen display to be changed over from an Android/Java based display to a QT, C++, Linux Display.
- Work with Sr Engineers to establish goals for week
- Design display and guidance systems in Java / Android
- Interface with Systems Engineers on refinement of requirements and solutions
- Will be designing new feature sets for the platform.
- C++ experience is desired
- If candidate has QT/QML or would like to learn, there is a lot of opportunity to help with the rearchitecture activities.
- Will perform unit-tests on code for bugs
- Utilize networking for communication with the vehicle (CAN, LIN, etc)
- Each day will be 60-80% development
- java, C++, Java, Postgres, postgresql, GIT, Agile, object oriented, Linux, QT, android, rtos
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.