A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
Location: Crestview, FL
Southwire Job Description
Job Title: Quality Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Summary: The Quality Manager position provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of products from the supply base all the way through customer by driving an effective quality system. This role is the guardian of quality compliance and challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Costumer Services, while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance, and performance culture. This role is responsible for the leadership, development, implementation and management of all QA programs and activities. They provide technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to ISO, regulatory requirements, and product quality; utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for product quality at plant through promoting Culture of Zero for quality throughout plant, leads Material Review Board and coordinate regular meetings, and conducts Quality Training for Area Managers, operators, other plant associates.
- Leads in the documentation and implementation of an ISO 9001-based quality management system at the plant level and ensures that the Quality Management System components and processes are current and maintained to meet ISO and Southwire requirements.
- Identifies Key Process Characteristics through the use of tools such as PFMEA's and DOE's.
- Drive improvement of process capabilities (Cpk's) working with equipment OEM's and process engineering.
- Maintain process capabilities by using process control tools such as SPC (X bar R charts) and Pre-Control.
- Develops and maintains process control by inspection plan where process is not capable.
- Drives implementation of process control by using tools and technologies such as cameras and poka-yoke to inhibit, correct, or highlight when an error occurs.
- Works with plant operations to lead and drive improvement in process efficiency and product quality. Drives problem solving tool through the organization by coaching all plant personnel in effective root cause analysis investigation using tools such as fishbone, fault tree analysis, and turning failure off/on.
- Assists Plant Manager and Director of Quality in providing key process metrics and monthly review presentations.
- Ensures calibration of measuring gages/testing equipment at each location.
- Assists in driving progress toward prompt Supplier Claim resolution, makes claim presentations to Suppliers as needed (plant specific), and evaluates customer claims pertaining to the Plant and works toward timely resolution. Works with Plant Operations to determine root causes and correct.
- Works with Sales and the customers on external rejections/technical issues for material processed at the plant level.
- Leads Material Review Board meetings, reviewing quality events to drive corrective action and proper disposition of nonconforming material.
- Assists in producing and completing various certifications, letters of conformance, or PPAP to meet customer needs.
- Supervises, develops, and coach QA Supervisor/Technician.
- Other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Supports deployment of companywide systems such as SAP Quality Management
- Develop, foster, and maintain relationships throughout the company through collaboration and teamwork to provide avenues for the continued success and growth at the local site.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 3+ years quality management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred or combination of experience and education.
Process Capabilities and process control knowledge and experience with tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), FMEA, CpK's, and inspection plans required. DOE, Camera Inspection, and Poka-Yoke experience a plus.
Experience in ISO 9001:2015 management systems compliance, continuous improvement and standard quality and operational excellence tools required.
Problem Solving Tools with effective root cause analysis knowledge and experience required.
Highly articulate verbal and written communication skills, professional appearance, and presentation style.
Highly motivated self-starter, able to prioritize projects, accept responsibility and follow through without close supervision.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and balance multiple projects.
Sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast paced and high stress environment.
Ability to research and analyze information and draw valid conclusions and recommendations.
Desire to continually learn and expand knowledge base.
ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQM), or Six Sigma certification is a plus.
Knowledge of ICEA, AEIC, UL and ASTM testing standards a plus.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools a plus.
Previous experience with SAP QM a plus.
Some travel required.
Attracts Top Talent
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.