We are looking for a technical writer, or technical documentation specialist, to work on site in Manassas, VA. Experience with S1000D is necessary and knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is desired. Individuals with knowledge in Electronic Warfare will receive special consideration.
Job duties include but are not limited to writing, editing and managing technical documentation for the creation of operator/maintenance Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), associated curriculum and computer-based training for military systems and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Power Point), XMLSpy, Dreamweaver, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
• Experience with S1000D is a must
• Experience with HTML, XHTML, XML desired
• Familiarity with MIL-STDS, MIL-PRFS, MIL-HDBK, and SCORM requirements is a plus
• Have the ability to research, write and edit documentation for military and government programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prepare program documentation for delivery in all formats (e.g. .doc, .PDF, HTML and XML/SGML-tagged on-line and interactive electronic technical manuals).
• Review and edit program documents for technical accuracy in accordance with all applicable documentation standards and style guides
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop thorough and accurate technical documents
• Preference will be given to candidates with the above skill sets who also possess an instructional design
BS in communications or technical writing or 2 years Documentation Specialist experience in a military setting.
Must qualify to obtain a DoD security clearance
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.