Description: Will need to travel to Juno Beach FL occasionally.
This position is responsible for the project management of transmission line engineering for Wind, Solar, Battery Energy Storage and stand-alone substation projects.
- The Transmission Line Project Manager works in the Engineering & Construction Group and is responsible for planning and organizing an engineering project and the application of complex engineering skills requiring advanced knowledge.
- May supervise a small group of engineering professionals.
- Makes independent decisions which are not regularly subject to technical review.
- Role requires training, due diligence and technical oversight of external engineers of record (EOR) for all assigned transmission projects to ensure compliance with required generation interconnection agreements, scope of work documents, project specifications, site specific design requirements, IEEE, NESC, ASCE and all other applicable industry codes and standards including and facility rating documentation and corporate safety goals.
- The position will secure engineering consulting resources from a list of approved suppliers by developing a scope of work, securing bids, evaluating, and awarding work through our clients Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Group.
- The position must coordinate with other project stakeholders to develop and secure a transmission site, support any engineering updates, and data.
- The position is responsible for coordinating the engineering deliverables in support of our clients Transmission FERC Order 1000 competitive request for proposals, as well as the design and construction of awarded projects. Deliverables include Scope of work documents, Issued for Bid, Issued for Procurement, Issued for Construction, design criteria and As-built drawings.
- The position requires coordination with other groups to ensure that the assigned E&C transmission line projects are successful. Generally responsible for representing E&C's internal and external interests on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues, and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
- Employee in this role will support early stage design through commissioning for assigned projects by reviewing EOR drawings and organizing design reviews, supporting vendor product procurement, bid evaluations and contract oversight, material vendor contract support, field construction support and general problem solving.
- Support Transmission Services during review of interconnection documentation including system impact studies, facility studies, reactive and harmonic studies and Interconnection agreements and ensures that Transmission Owner requirements and E&C engineering design are consistent and in compliance with all ISO requirements and incorporated into the project design. Must be able to work with and communicate often to the respective transmission owners/operators/ISOs to ensure project deliverables will meet specific off-taker requirements, are timely and accurate.
- Manage all project long lead major material orders to minimize risk of delays or exceeding the project budget. Assists ISC with all transmission project SOW creation, review, approval, and preparation of shopping carts for engineering services and materials in a timely manner.
- Supports E&C Estimating with template update via project feedback, technical support, and scope modifications.
- Works collaboratively with project engineering resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities, work plans and lines of demarcation.
- Ensures projects are efficiently, cost effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department process, procedures, industry standards and policies.
- Collaborate with component OEMs to enhance/adapt their designs to better integrate with our clients philosophies.
management skills, transmission line design, transmission line engineering, high voltage electrical, civil/structural engineering
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil/Structural Engineering.
• Experience: 10+ years in Substation design and engineering of High Voltage transmission projects.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of transmission line design, excellent communication and project management skills, a bias for action, proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to provide value engineering and ensure design quality.
• The position requires technical competence such as the ability to understand one line and three-line diagrams, general arrangements, plan and profiles, NERC CIP requirements, Protection and Control, SCADA, telecom, facility ratings documentation and other common deliverables.
• Some travel required within North America.
• Project Engineering and/or Project Management experience with a strong bias for action. PMP and/or P.E. in related discipline is a plus.
• Proficiency with standard industry tools such as PLSCADD, Auto-CAD, Primavera and other software is strongly desired.
Requires at least 10 years of experience and a B.S. in Engineering.
Professional Engineering (PE) certification strongly preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification strongly preferred.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.